Get a Learner Driver quote

More info about Learner Driver Insurance

  • Are you learning to drive a car?
  • Will you be looking to get in some extra driving practise alongside your professional driving lessons?
  • Are you aged between 17 and 21?
  • Do you need an affordable way of buying some motor insurance to cover you whilst learning to drive?

If the answer is YES then you may be interested in a quote for our Learner Driver motor insurance product.

What are the benefits:

  • Get a quote in seconds
  • Short term cover at an affordable price- choose from just 7 days cover.
  • Practise in your own car or a car owned by a friend or family.
  • It's your own motor insurance policy. This is particularly great if you are using someone else's car to learn in because if you damage it you don't need to claim on the vehicle owners motor insurance policy and affect their No claims Bonus - they will be pleased about that!
  • Instant comprehensive cover.

More details about the cover:

Learning to drive is a really exciting time and many learner drivers will gain additional practice before their test in a friends or family member's car. However before you can do this, you need to ensure you have learner driver motor insurance. Our Learner Driver motor insurance policy is designed specifically for 17 to 21 year olds who are learning to drive outside of their professional driving lessons.

Rather than insuring a Learner driver on a parents, family or friends car, this policy provides separate, fully comprehensive, motor insurance that means in the event of a claim the car owners 'no claims discount' is not affected. A policy can also be taken out if the learner driver is the car owner. The policy provides cover for Short periods of up to 24 weeks.

This policy only covers you whilst you are being supervised to learn to drive and the supervisor in the passenger seat is aged 25 or over, has held a full UK Driving Licence for 3 years or more, must be a UK resident for a minimum of 2 years, and does not have a DR coded motoring conviction (for Drink or Drugs offences) endorsed on their driving licence within the past 5 years.

Once you pass your driving test all cover stops and you must purchase separate motor insurance.

Get a quote now!